- The old lead-acid batteries are broken apart
- Lead and heavy materials are separated from the plastic
- Lead is formed into lead ingots, which are then melted down again to form the lead plates and other lead components of the battery.
- The polypropylene is formed into pellets that are then made into new battery cases.
- The old battery acid is processed and converted into sodium sulfate, which is used in detergent, glass and textile manufacturing.
- Otohub recycles your old battery. Get a 5% discount when you bring in yours to exchange for a new one.